Motor Vehicle Accidents

A car, truck, snowmobile, semi, ATV or motor vehicle accident can be a life-changing event that can result in death or serious, permanent injury to a driver, passenger or pedestrian. In 2019, there were 314,377 motor vehicle crashes in Michigan, with 689 deaths occurring from these crashes. It is critical that victims of auto accidents in Michigan know their rights and have representation by an experienced accident attorney in Michigan. Attorney Bean has 45 years of experience handling these cases.
If you, a family member or friend have been in a car, truck, snowmobile, semi, ATV or motor vehicle accident fill out the form below or contact us at 810-695-6460.

Important Information About Auto Accidents:

Protect your family now, before an accident or injury happens!
  • Make sure a police report is made.
  • If possible, take photographs at the scene of the vehicles and people at the scene.
  • Obtain names and addresses of any witnesses.
  • The law requires that you have automobile insurance in order to drive in the State of Michigan.
  • Review your insurance polices to ensure you have sufficient coverage.
  • Make sure the uninsured (UM) and underinsured (UIM) insurance limits are the same as the Bodily Injury (BI) limits.
  • Ask if the insurance company you are with has a “step-down” provision in their policy. If they do, it means a relative living in your house will receive the minimum $20,000.00 if injured. This is a terrible policy provision.
What to do after a car accident
  • Check for injuries to yourself and passengers. If you’ve been injured try not to move.
  • Your insurance policy requires that a Police Report be made for any crash, regardless of the amount of damage to your car, or the amount of injury to you. Call 911 so that the police officer can complete an accident report and document what has happened.
  • Obtain a copy of that accident report and witness information. Take photographs of the vehicles from various angles.
  • Get in touch with your auto insurance company and report the accident.
  • Maintain a daily pain diary. Keep track of all appointments, prescriptions and changes to your life. If friends or family members offer assistance, document this as well.

How do I Know if I Have an Auto Accident Case?

Call us to schedule a free consultation. Tedd Bean will personally meet with you, not an “investigator” or anyone else. Every case is different, but with over 45 years of experience dealing with personal injury law, we would be happy to help you evaluate your case.

If you are injured from a car crash that is not your fault you may be able to receive pain and suffering damages. As you may know, Michigan is one of the few states that has a no-fault insurance system. Michigan courts have established a series of laws to determine when a victim is able to obtain compensation for pain and suffering from injuries, whose insurance is responsible, as well as how long these benefits can be received. It can be complicated which is why having an attorney that will be on your side, that you can trust to help you understand your rights can make all the difference.

There are basic elements that have to be proved under Michigan Law when suing for pain and suffering in auto accidents:
  • As the injured, you must be able to prove to a jury that the other driver was at fault for the crash. This means the other driver must be over 50% responsible for the crash.
  • The injuries received from the crash require that a certain “threshold” has been exceeded. We have been very successful in getting beyond that threshold.
  • If you have a pre-existing condition, a recovery can be made if the condition has worsened, or become “exacerbated” by the crash.

Determining the Value of a Personal Injury Claim From a Motor Vehicle Accident.

A knowledgeable and experienced attorney, like Tedd Bean, will help determine the value of your personal injury claim. Things such as the amount of time you have been away from work, the kinds of restrictions you now are facing, how your activities of daily living (ADL) have been affected and how long these restrictions will last are taken into consideration.

If you or someone you love has been in an accident, contact us today. We know how to evaluate and present your case in the best way possible. You are entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering.

Get in touch

Contact Us About Your Case

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.